Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Early Bird

So, why am I blogging before 6 a.m.? I just can't sleep! I don't know if it's vacation excitement or work anxiety. I have a lot to do before we leave on Sunday.

Today I've already scrapbooked two pages, written a thank-you note, made a Mother's Day card, made coffee, started a load of laundry, cuddled with my kitties and watched part of yesterday's "Martha."

Speaking of Martha, here's a photo of my completed tissue paper bouquet. Ugh, it was stressful to make! I am actually quite disappointed in Martha; the instructions were disgracefully unclear.


We had a really good weekend. We did TONS of yard work. A bunch of our plants died in the frost this winter, so we planted some new roses, impatiens and fuchsia. I also planted some veggies. This year we have "celebrity" tomatoes, miniature red bell peppers, pumpkins, zucchini and cucumbers.

Also, I made bread on Saturday. I used the famous "no-knead" recipe that's been circling around the Internet lately. It was quite good! I don't have a photo, because Steve and I ate the entire loaf with some olive oil dip for dinner on Saturday.

We saw the musical "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" after that. It was a great show and really hilarious! I recommend that everybody see it if you have the chance.

Well, perhaps I'll go jump in the shower and get moving!

No comments: