Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Martha at Michaels

I treated myself tonight with a trip to Michaels. Martha has been hyping her new product line there, and I wanted to check it out for myself. I must say that she did not disappoint!

She has a whole aisle devoted to her stuff, and the presentation is lovely. I wanted everything, but unfortunately I needed nothing. I ended up buying a kit to make a bouquet of tissue paper flowers.

Here's a summary of my personal highlights:

-- Glitter! Really fine, pretty glitter in a lovely array of colors. And in big containers! Usually glitter this nice comes in teeny, tiny expensive containers.
-- Felt embellishments. I thought the strawberries were particularly cute.
-- Neat containers to use when presenting food as a gift, like special cupcake boxes and cookie bags.
-- Party kits to help make a pretty, festive table when celebrating.
-- Dainty eyelet stationary.
-- A variety of shadowboxes, including some petite little ones.
-- Great storage containers (a little expensive, though).
-- Fantastic patterned scrapbook papers and gigantic albums with paper to fit.
-- Perfect wrapping and tissue papers.

... and so much more! I can't wait to actually need some supplies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I will have to check it out. Remember your 40% off coupon!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I went to Michaels on Sunday because of your positive review (and because I <3 Martha), but the Martha aisle at the one I went to was horribly cluttered with those $1 stands of mostly ugly ribbons and stamps, and annoying old women were gathered around with their giant aisle-blocking shopping carts making it virtually impossible for me to get through and actually peruse the Martha goods! I guess I need to go on a weeknight.