Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day!

Just 30 minutes to spare before “Lost,” so here’s a brief overview of Valentine’s …

Traffic was terrible tonight. I fully intended to set a festive table, but by the time I got home, my Valentine had already taken care of it for me! I couldn’t have done it better myself:


I finally made the chicken souvlaki and tzatziki I learned at that Williams-Sonoma class. It was tasty and reasonably quick to make. We had a really nice Windsor chardonnay with dinner.

After the s’mores cake mishap, I decided to go with Betty Crocker for dessert. I made a batch of chocolate fudge cupcakes and frosted them using the vanilla buttercream recipe from Magnolia Bakery. It’s basically just butter and confectioner’s sugar with a splash of milk and some vanilla – so good!


I was really lacking in the wrapping paper department when I went to wrap Steve’s gift. I think this belly band on the box in a heart design was the perfect touch (and a good way to make the package not quite so pink!) What was inside wasn’t very exciting, but practical: two long-sleeved polo shirts for casual Fridays.



My gift was fabulous (and exactly what I asked for!) I got baking supplies to make these absolutely adorable miniature three-tiered cakes. Can’t wait to try them out!

And, better late than never, here's a picture of the valentines I made and sent out this year:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun day, other than being super busy at work! Steve did a great job setting the table. How sweet..