Sunday, February 18, 2007

Flower Power

Steve sent me flowers at work for Valentine’s Day, but they didn’t get to me until the next day. They were FedExed from Miami, and their plane was grounded somewhere along the way because of a snow storm.

Anyway, I’m not usually a fan of ordering flowers from FTD or other similar establishments, because neither the organization nor the florist takes accountability for the quality of the product. But now I might think twice, because FTD is offering these really cool arrangements designed by Todd Oldham! The one Steve sent me was the “Romantic Ribbon Wrap Bouquet.” Excellent quality, though the Gerbera daisies were a little bit weary from their travels. I pulled them and the parrot tulips out to make their own little arrangement, which is sort of dead now, but the roses look great:


The best thing about these arrangements is their vases. The absolute worst thing about getting flowers is being stuck with a cabinet full of the ugly vases they come in, but check out the Todd Oldham vases – they’re things you might actually use again, like a colander, a soufflé dish and a martini shaker! The more traditional ones have pretty, opaque designs -- Mine looks like it is wrapped in red ribbon. I think opaque vases are awesome, so you can’t see the stems when they get gross and dingy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely!! I had actually already checked out the Todd Oldham selections and was quite impressed as I sent flowers last week to Melissa. I was surprised at the creativity from FTD.