Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolved


I suppose I should publish my resolution for 2007 here. Perhaps that will make me accountable for completing it. I think that’s enough build-up, cause it’s really not that exciting.

This year, I resolve to spend less time doing things that I don’t want to do and more time doing things that I want to do.

Speaking of things I want to do, I’d like to drink more pomegranate martinis. I got this recipe from Oprah’s special holiday episode and made them at my family celebrations on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. They were so fabulous that word spread all the way to the family contingent in Florida, and I was asked to play bartender there as well. The most important thing to keep in mind when trying this recipe is that pomegranate juice is absolutely filled with antioxidants, so you really should indulge!

Here’s the recipe from Oprah’s Web site (with my comments)

-- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
-- 2 oz. Absolute Citron vodka OR white tequila (I used whatever cheap vodka I had in the house, probably Popov, and it tasted fine.)
-- 1 oz. Cointreau liquor
-- Cup of ice
-- Optional: Splash of sparkling water (Did not include this)
-- Optional: Squeeze of lemon (Did include this)

Shake ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses. (I sort of guestimated on the quantities of the ingredients.) Put pomegranate fruit into glass as garnish.

Enjoy!

No comments: