Monday, December 04, 2006

Bah Humbug


We started off this past weekend by opening the first window of our little advent calendar on Friday night. It’s full of little chocolate treats. For the past few days, we’ve been enjoying the tasty nibbles, but today’s window was EMPTY!! What a gyp.

After that, we went out to dinner and then ventured to Los Gatos to drive through Fantasy of Lights at Vasona. Another GYP!! Twelve dollars and the whole thing didn’t even last 12 minutes. I’d been before and really enjoyed it, so I don’t know why I was so disappointed this time. Maybe the novelty has warn off.

Saturday we drove up to San Francisco for Steve’s office Christmas party. We stayed the night at the Hilton; the party was at Hotel Nikko. The party was quite fun, with delicious (and free) food and drinks in abundance. The photo below was taken just before the batteries of my camera ran out. It’s the best one I got once I figured out how to use the timer feature.

At the party, the sash of my dress took an accidental dunk in the toilet and we lost the raffle for a $150 Visa gift card by one number! BOOO!!!!

On Sunday morning we were awoken at 7:30 by screaming children in the hotel room next door. I punched the wall and yelled “shut up” several times, but they didn’t get the message, so I called security on the punks. They sort of quieted down after that.

We were up so early, we decided not to waste precious shopping time and ventured over to the big mall with Nordstrom. All was right in the world when we discovered that Nordstrom was having some type of early bird holiday event that featured a live swing band, a help-yourself gourmet coffee bar, a mimosa bar and fancy waiters passing lovely little pastries (all free). YUM! We got a lot of shopping done and had a tasty lunch in the city.

On the way home Steve accidentally ran a red light (we were behind a moving truck and the light was green when we approached). The next thing we knew there were flashes going off all over. They got our picture! DARN! That’s probably going to be an expensive little piece of mail when it arrives.

Anyway, I know it sounds like I’m complaining, but I did have a very nice weekend. And tonight I was able to get done a batch of swaps for our Stampin’ Up! meeting this Saturday. The set is so cute – from the new Winter Mini Catalog. It’s called “I like it a latte” and it has all kinds of coffee/hot chocolate images. And you know how I like my coffee and hot chocolate. You can't see it in the picture, but the steam is glittery and embossed.

No comments: