Tuesday, December 05, 2006

You Can Call Me Barry

When I was in the shower at the hotel in San Francisco on Sunday morning, I noticed some weird red spots on the palms of my hands. I jumped out of the shower, afraid I was allergic to the hotel soap or the different kind of water.

The spots were itchy and stingy and would not go away! On Sunday night I started to notice I was also getting them on the bottom of my feet. I agonized my way through work yesterday with my feet itching all day. Today it was WAY worse. So bad that I had to leave work and go to the doctor urgently. I was even having a hard time driving because of the itchiness and the fact that it was making me jump and twitch in weird ways.

My mom took me to the doctor, and it turns out it is a virus that I probably got from someone who had previously stayed in our hotel room. GROSS! I had to get a Benadryl shot and a shot of steroids in either arm to help combat the virus. The steroid shot hurt like heck and made me queasy and light-headed. I almost passed out in the doctor’s office and had to stay there longer for observation. So embarrassing and annoying when all I wanted to do was go home!!

So, now I have to take another type of steroid pills for a week and continue to take Benadryl and use Cortisone. I really hope this clears up soon, cause it is disgusting and really irksome. Why have I suddenly turned into a virus magnet??!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Sounds incredibly uncomfortable... Sorry to hear this. Hope you feel better soon.