Tuesday, October 17, 2006

When Autumn Leaves Start to Fall



We have two big trees in front of our house that lose a TON of leaves in the fall. Yesterday they just started dropping like crazy, and we have a big mess to rake up.

To make matters worse, I believe we are the only house in a significant radius that doesn't have anyone home during the day. When we get home at night it's dark, and that makes it very easy to defer the raking. Everyone else's raking gets done on a daily basis, so our house looks really bad in comparison.

Last year, some neighbors raked our yard for us (without us knowing). I know they probably thought it was nice, but it really bothered me. Because, hello, we were going to do it if you could just give us a second. Anyway, in an effort to avoid that from happening again, I think I'm going to bust out the leaf blower tomorrow.

I figured I would feel accountable if I wrote it here, and that would make me actually do it.

No comments: