Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fun with Numbers


Number of people who have now contracted the stomach virus of death: 10

Number of trick-or-treaters we had tonight: 102

The quantity of trick-or-treaters has increased every year by about 20. Our first year here, we had 69. Last year, we had 86. And now 102! I'm quite excited about the impressive gains. I'd have to say that not many costumes were standouts. We did have two teenage guys in Speedos and sneakers. And a lot of witches and little boys wearing those bloody "Scream" masks. We did almost run out of candy at one point, but we ended up breaking into a box of fruit snacks from Costco we had in the pantry.

Here are our pumpkins. I did mine with a stencil. It's a bunch of little ghoul faces. Not my best work:


And this is Steve's fantastic work -- A vomiting pumpkin:


Speaking of vomiting, Steve was home sick from work today because of the stomach virus of death. I was feeling much better today, but I still have a really horrible headache. The initiator of the virus came trick-or-treating to our house wearing a cute little monkey costume, so I had to forgive him. Since we weren't feeling well, I heated up some butternut squash soup for dinner and tried to make jack-o-lantern faces with my roasted pumpkin seeds and some sour cream. The sour cream sunk, so my vision was ruined. These look kind of stupid, but they made me smile:

Hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too creative!! Where do you come up with your ideas... Fun, it's all about fun.. Stay happy!!

Anonymous said...

102?! that's crazy ... you must have been loving it! we had one knock on the door ... and true to form, we did not answer! :) we were in bed by 9:30! Glad you are feeling better!