Monday, November 06, 2006

Back in the Saddle

Oh my! I can't believe Thanksgiving is just two weeks away! I have volunteered to bring a homemade pumpkin pie this year, in addition to my standard cranberries and sweet potatoes. I have never made a pie from scratch before, so that should be interesting ...

Steve turned 30 this weekend. To celebrate, we had dinner at Claim Jumper and saw "Borat." Both were popular Saturday night activities. The wait at Claim Jumper was two and a half hours!! Thank God I had made a reservation. It was very yummy, though. I can't wait to go back, cause half the fun was looking at the plates other people in the restaurant had ordered. We got to the movies 30 minutes early for the 9:25 p.m. show, and it was sold out. We had to do the 10:25 p.m. show, and people were madly lining up to get into the theater 40 minutes before it started. I could not believe how long the line got by the time they were ready to let us in. The movie was hilarious.

Other than that, I just did a few projects, cleaned the house, ran some errands, and had lunch with a friend. One of the projects I finished was this:


I did a swap on Splitcoast Stampers where 26 people signed up and we each picked a different letter. Then we had to find a favorite fall recipe that corresponded with that letter. We typed up our recipe and embellished it on a 6x6 scrapbook page (times 26), and then sent our pages in to one lady who divvied them up and returned them to us in the mail. So now I have a lovely A-Z fall cook book of recipes from all different people. I did "O" and decided to call my favorite pumpkin coffee cake recipe "Out of the Box Pumpkin Coffee Cake," since it requires two boxes of pound cake mix. All in all, I was happy with the experience, except that the ladies who picked C and W flaked, so I had to make my own pages for those letters this weekend. I also embellished the 6x6 album I put the pages in (as you can see in the photo above).

In other news, I've started my Christmas shopping and wrapping. So far so good. I also have plans for my homemade gifts that were inspired by Martha's new collectible Holiday issue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend the 24 ounce Porterhouse steak w/ mashed potatoes and garlic toast. One of the best pieces of steak I have EVER had!

Angela Zapien said...

Very Cute!

How did I sign up?

Ashley said...

Just check out the swaps forum at splitcoaststampers.com. They have instructions there.