Friday, September 01, 2006

Project Menu: Episode 2


Tonight I made Moroccan braised pork with apricots and dates. The recipe was from the Weight Watchers "Dining for Two" cookbook. It was actually a success! It was a little on the sweet side, but it looked kind of fancy with the apricots and dates on top. Like maybe a dinner guest would be impressed! I served it with couscous as the cookbook recommended. I've never made couscous, but it was easy and tasty! Definitely a new alternative side dish.

I also made chocolate chip cookies tonight, but substituted the chips for M&Ms. They were requested by Steve and turned out yummy.

By the way, the tomatoes in the salad were home-grown!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley - What do you think of that WW cookbook? I just joined back up... my wedding dress was a little snug, so that motivated me to begrudgingly return. Anyways, do you like the cookbook? I need some new dinner for 2 ideas that are points friendly, and I am so sick of plain grilled chicken!!!

Ashley said...

Hello! I actually don't think I'd recommend that one. Most of the recipes include ingredients that warrant a special trip to the store. And the meals are a little fancier than I'd make for just me and Steve. Plus, if I'm putting that much time in, I'd rather the recipes be for four, so at least we have leftovers!