Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thoughts for a Thursday

So, there was some controversy in the paper today regarding the new Panera shopping center. Apparently, there's a debate over whether or not the city should subsidize a Trader Joe's going into the same shopping center. I say "YES!" Subsidize away. That would be so super-convenient for me to go out for lunch at Panera and then do some grocery shopping for dinner at Trader Joe's.

I've been feeling a little frustrated at work lately, but I've been making a concerted effort to keep it internal. Well, everyone I work with is a mind reader (or I'm a really bad faker), cause all these people have been asking me if something's wrong. So today I decided to stop holding my frustrations in and to just externalize my annoyance, hoping that would cause a reverse effect and people would just leave me alone. Seriously, doesn't it just make things worse when all these people who don't even really care are asking you what's wrong? Anyway, that didn't really work at all. Hopefully I'll be feeling (and acting) more chipper tomorrow.

I'm already feeling a bit happier since Steve and I walked to the park down the street to play Frisbee and swing on the playground tonight. I think it's funny that all of our friends are having kids and we are just two gigantic kids. I guess everyone thinks that about themselves. Steve said he hopes we never stop playing Frisbee and going on the swings, and I agree with him :)

By the way, isn't my pedicure cute?



I got it at Annie's Design Nails, which is clean and a bargain ($19 for a spa pedicure with a design).

We are also very excited because tomorrow is the Greek Festival at our church. I recommend that anyone local attend, as there are some seriously excellent eating opportunities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»