Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weekend Wrap-up

This weekend was way too short, though we did do a lot of fun things. On Friday night I made the pesto chicken from Super Suppers. It was pretty good, though a little mustardy. After that, Steve and I finally made a dent in our Netflix queue and watched "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." I'm not really a big Harry Potter fan, but it was OK.

Yesterday was pilates (blah) in the morning. Then Steve and I went to Santa Cruz and had lunch at yummy Greek restaurant Vasili's. We went sat out on the beach at the Boardwalk for a while and did a little relaxing. Then we rode a few rides and played a bunch of the "classic" games like Q*Bert and Tetris in the arcade. I'm so good at Q*Bert that I got to enter my initials as a high score several times! We also played this drum simulator game which I love, as my secret dream is to be a drummer in a rock band. I'm not that good, but Steve was so good that a crowd gathered to watch him rock out.

After the Boardwalk, we headed to the hospital to visit our friends Jim and Shannon who just had a new baby on Friday. Jim had a hankering for a quarter pounder, so we gladly delivered. Their new little boy is absolutely beautiful and super alert and interactive. And he was a C-section baby, so he's not all smooshy and wrinkly. He was nice enough to let both Steve and me hold him, and he didn't cry one bit. He even entertained us with some big yawns and sneezes, and a few little hiccups. One thing is for sure: I'm going to need to build up some muscles before I have a baby. He's only 8 lbs., and my arms were shaking after holding him for a few minutes.

For dinner, I made the Asian chicken and veggie wraps from Super Suppers, which I enjoyed more than the pesto chicken. We watched "King Kong," which was pretty good, but strenuously long.

This morning we went to my parents' to have some Mother's Day bagels with my mom. I gave her a very lovely Brighton purse, which I think she likes. After that, I did some errands, including buying a new lightweight quilt for our bed. I've been waking up sweating like a maniac a lot lately, so I thought it was time to retire the down comforter for now. I cleaned up the house a bit, did some grocery shopping, and then had an early Mother's Day dinner with my family at Hawg's. After that, we went on an excursion to Target, and now we're back and everyone's watching "The Sopranos."

All in all, a fun, eventful weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»