Thursday, May 11, 2006

Super Suppers Is Super

One of those meal assembly chains called Super Suppers just opened up near our house, so I tried it out tonight. I LOVE IT. It was totally cute inside, and they had cucumber water, sangria and lemonade set out for us to enjoy while we prepared our meals, as well as cheese and crackers, fruit and veggies to snack on. In about an hour I made the following:

-- Asian chicken and veggie wraps

-- Pesto chicken

-- Lemon herb salmon and confettti rice

-- Crunchy tilapia

-- Fiesta chicken and pineapple-peach salsa

-- Pork tenderloin with cranberry barbecue sauce

Everything is pre-cut and all of the ingredients and measuring things are set out for you. You package everything for the freezer and label it with a sticker that has the cooking instructions. Best of all, they let me package everything in smaller containers (the dinners serve 6), so Steve and I can probably get about 18 meals out of my one hour tonight!

Yippee! I'm totally going back. Actually, I already signed up for next month and I'm making 12 dishes this time. I think we might need to buy a bigger freezer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum. I've got to give it a try, too!