Friday, April 07, 2006

6680 Crew


I just got back from dinner with my friends Chun and Janelle. We were celebrating Chun's birthday with mojitos and spinach-artichoke dip. Doesn't get much better than that :) I can't believe that we've almost been friends for 10 years!! Chun and Erika lived directly across the hall from me in our freshman dorm and Janelle lived next door to them. I think it's so crazy how you could just randomly be assigned to a room and end up meeting life-long friends. Also, my fellow blogger Shannon lived next door to me on the other side. And Chun's boyfriend (also of almost 10 years) lived right down the hall. Of course, there are many other people we haven't kept in touch with, but that's what Google is for, right?! I will admit to searching a few names from the past to see what they're up to ;)

Separately, at the gym this morning there was a new character. I will call him Mr. FANtastic, as he had a medium-sized rotating fan with him. Yes, the kind that you would put on your dresser and leave on while you slept. As he made his rounds to the various machines, he would take the fan with him, plug it in to the nearest outlet and point it at himself while he worked out. Seems like there might be an easier and more portable solution to his problem.

No comments: