Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oooh La La!


I had sort of a French night last night.

Last week Martha had a “man show” dedicated to treats and tips for the man in your life. Steve happened to be watching it with me and agreed that he would enjoy the croquet monsieur she made. I promised to make it for him over the weekend and kept my promise last night. They came out really good. I would definitely make them again, but next time I think I’ll be a bit more liberal with the salt, peppers and nutmeg that go in the sauce.


Then I watched “Marie Antoinette,” which was an absolutely gorgeous movie. The colors, the cakes, the costumes, the flowers – everything was so beautiful. I even watched the “making of” part of the DVD so I could see more. They had a special department of people just to make all of the elaborate food! I wanted to walk right through the TV screen and into the movie. I think I’ll be needing to add that DVD to my Wish List.

Not really French-themed, but I also made a box of No Pudge Fudge brownies last night. I had never had them before, but they’re pretty good for a diet-y food. We’re going to an Oscar party tonight, so I’m bringing those and some spinach-artichoke dip.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have excellent "taste", since Marie Antoinette won the Oscar for costume design. You were right on. I hope you chose that on your Oscar ballot. In addition, your dinner looks yummy!