Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sweet Treats

My second batch of Martha’s peppermint marshmallows came out much more presentable than the first. I marbled them with a knife rather than the recommended toothpick this time. Here’s a little pack all ready for giving!


I had planned to give these with a tin of hot chocolate mix as little hostess gifts. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get my act together fast enough. I had two parties this weekend to which I showed up marshmallow-less!

I have a bunch of other projects in the works right now that I will hopefully complete later today. One thing I did finish yesterday were these:


Yes, they’re just the boring Pillsbury ready-to-bake cookies, but Steve loves them.

I need to head to the gym now to combat all the little nibbles I took while working in the kitchen yesterday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Martha...homemade marshmallow...what will you think up next to do with your spare time.. They really look very special, even in person. I'm impressed..

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you guys Friday night ... thanks for coming! :) And thanks for the "hostess gift." That was very thoughtful of you and I already enjoyed a cup of hot cocoa yesterday (it was delicious even without your yummy-looking marshmallows!)