Sunday, September 17, 2006

Witchy Woman

This weekend was fun, but I didn't get much accomplished.

Yesterday was the summer picnic for Steve's office. It was at Vasona, and it was a beautiful day. They had barbecue and games. After a while, it got boring, so I decided to walk around the lake. That was a dumb idea. I got about 80 percent of the way around and then realized it dead-ended. I had to turn around and walk the whole way back. It was OK though, cause there were various animals -- including geese, chickens and cats -- to check out on my stroll.

Last night we saw "The Last Kiss." It was OK. I was hoping it would be better, since I liked "Garden State" so much. And we went to Target, which has truly outdone itself with its Halloween selection and presentation. I will have more entries regarding my Target purchases in the next few weeks.

Today I went with my mom to the Almaden Art and Wine Festival. It kind of sucked, since it was uncomfortably hot and there weren't many good booths. I did make one special purchase. This photo just doesn't do it justice:

These ladies have a booth with the coolest witch hats every year. I'd been wanting to buy one for a while, but the good ones are always taken before I get there. Anyway, I tried a bunch on today and picked this one. You can't see the detail in the photo or the fancy vintage buckle and rhinestones on the feathers. I guess if you want to see it in person, you'll have to come trick-or-treat at my house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The hat is fabulous. I have seen it up close and personally and it certainly is a classic...