Tuesday, September 05, 2006

San Francisco Treat


I had to attend a class for work in San Francisco today. My dad told me I needed to leave by 6:00 a.m. to beat the traffic. Since the class started at 9:00 a.m., I decided that a 6:30 a.m. departure would be fine. I loaded up my trusty commuter mug and hit the road.

I got to the city at 7:30 a.m. and had an hour and a half to kill. So I found a Starbucks and people-watched for an hour with a grande latte in hand. Then I walked over to the building where the class was. The doors didn't even open till 9. Nothing else was open, so I decided to walk around. I found a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf! I didn't know they existed north of Santa Barbara! And their vanilla-flavored beverages are just too creamy and delicious to resist, so I went in and bought myself ANOTHER LATTE. I had three large coffees before 9. I don't think I've ever been so jittery! Honestly, I wanted to go back at lunch and get an Ice Blended Vanilla, but I was afraid I might explode.

I did make an exciting stop at H&M during our lunch break, and bought a few fun things.

After class, I strolled around Union Square and then headed home.

All in all, a lovely day. And the class was on how to write HTML code, so look forward to some fancy tweaks on this site!

No comments: