Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Things Are Blooming

I have four exciting pieces of information to share today:

1. I have successfully grown a strawberry.


And it was yummy and sweet. There are a bunch more on the way, so we should be enjoying strawberry shortcakes for dessert soon enough.

In other garden news, we have two little zucchinis started:

And some flowers on the tomatoes and the pumpkins:

2. "Trading Spaces" is filming in my neighborhood.

My friend Rebecca from work bumped into designer Edward at our local JoAnn Fabrics. He was shopping for vinyl (to cover closet doors and walls) and other animal print fabrics. I have a feeling those people are not going to like their room!

3. We have voluntarily agreed to run 6 miles.

Erica invited Steve and me to run Wharf to Wharf with her and her friends. Starting today the Swerens are in serious training mode. We have about a month and a half to get in shape for this!!

4. My husband is lovely.

Tonight I made the barbecue pork chops from Super Suppers on our George Forman, along with corn on the cob and salad. Steve graciously did all of the dishes and he scrubbed the yuckiness off the Forman. I am very appreciative :)

No comments: