Monday, May 01, 2006

Membership has its privileges


Today was fun because I didn't have to go into the office. Instead, I was enrolled in an all-day seminar on leadership for new managers. It was in a hotel conference center downtown, and was very interesting. I feel like I learned a lot, and I definitely had a fun time. The speaker was great! We got a few nice breaks, including a long lunch. I treated myself to a shrimp salad at Cafe Primo. Across the street at the Convention Center there was a beautitian conference going on, and I kept seeing this girls come out with all kinds of cute bags full of makeup and hair product samples. I walked over there to see if I could sneak in and score some conference schwag, but the doors were heavily guarded and the tickets were $50.

We got out a little early, which I was grateful for, as I missed the traffic and crowds that were gathering downtown for this. I headed to Valley Fair to buy a few gifts for several upcoming special occasions. I need to reiterate how much I love my Elite card wrapping privileges at Macy's. I usually enjoy gift wrapping, but I totally appreciate having someone do it for me, nicely, for free. Especially because I don't have to wrestle all my gift wrap supplies out of my craft closet. And now I am totally in love with Brighton. Hello! They offered me freshly baked cookies, a bottle of water (with cute Brighton designs on it) and a cup of coffee while I shopped there. When I picked out my things and explained they were gifts, the nice ladies there whipped up the lovely wrapping creations you can see above. And, what you can't see is that all of my purchases were also put into the cutest heart-shaped tins, which are in those adorable bags. I think I will be a loyal Brighton customer for life!

No comments: