Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Finely Tuned Athlete

Things have been pretty busy here in the Timiraos-Sweren household. On Friday night I had a Stampin' Up demo at my friend Lori's house. It was a very fun and successful party! And she gave us all the cutest candles molded like flip-flops as favors.

Saturday I got my hair cut and highlighted and did a thorough cleaning of the house. Steve and I visited the new Super Taqueria near our house for lunch, which was delicious, but a bit ghetto. Then I cooked up a storm since we were hosting my family for dinner. I made yummy salmon, orzo salad, green beans and strawberry shortcakes. I also bought a tasty cheese and vegetable dip from Trader Joe's and put it out on my lovely Fiesta chip and dip platter. Two seconds later I found Jackson enjoying the dip, so I sadly had to throw it away.

Jackson succeeded in ruining my appetite a second time that night, when he ran through the backyard, pausing at the sliding door with a mouse in his mouth. Steve went outside to see what he was doing with the mouse, and it turned out the mouse was still alive. He kept letting it go and scurry around, and then he'd pick it up again in his mouth. So gross. Especially cause I had set the table outside, and had to sit Indian-style in my chair, fearing the mouse would return. Now I won't go outside at all without shoes on.

This morning we woke up at 6:30 a.m. to do Pat's Run. My sister won a free entry on the radio, so Steve and I joined her. We got a really cool Dri-Fit t-shirt to wear, and a number and a timer for our shoe. I felt like a real-life athlete. The run was 4.2 miles, and I truly can't believe that we completed it without walking at all. I've never run that far in my life, especially not in a non-treadmill situation. Erica left us in the dust after the first mile, but we stayed steady and finished in about 45 minutes. It really was a nice event, and it felt good to do something that was good for us and good for the community. I'm definitely feeling the pain now, though. I'll probably be hobbling tomorrow.

After that, I ran some errands at the mall and did some things that had to get done around the house. Then I napped for two hours! We had dinner at my parents', watched the Sharks win and then went in the hot tub to loosen up our sore muscles.

Well, I must go catch "Desperate Housewives."

No comments: