Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Namaste


I decided to try out a new yoga class tonight. It was absolutely INSANE!

First off, it began with some crazy wack chanting. Now, I've been in yoga classes that involved a little chanting to get centered, but this was some really serious, spiritual chanting.

The poses were like nothing I've seen before. There were a few moments of cobra, plank, downward dog and child's pose, but that is the extent of what I knew. I seriously struggled through every movement (well, except for the meditation at the end). My muscles were burning and I couldn't stop shaking, but I powered through!

As a finale, there was more weird chanting and then we all had to bless each other, sort of how you do the whole "peace be with you" thing in Catholic church.

At the end, the instructor recommended that I soak in a hot bath tonight, a piece of advice that I took, cause I could already feel my muscles aching on the ride home.

Don't know if I'll go back. It was a killer workout, but I'm not sure I'm the chanting type.

1 comment:

Valley Girl said...

Woah. I've wanted to try yoga, too, but that would be a little too much for me. I think I'd start laughing!