Saturday, December 16, 2006

Yum-O

I made Rachel Ray's five-minute fudge recipe today, as it was featured on Friday's Oprah. I must say that it really did only take five minutes, and it is very tasty! Also, I'm in the middle of making the gingersnaps from Martha's "Baking Handbook."

In other news, we discovered that our house is walking distance from a fun bar, the Branham Lounge. We went there last night for a birthday party. It is quite a dive, and has an eclectic clientele, but we had a fun time. We had previously been leery of walking to this shopping center and the others at that intersection, because it involves crossing a very major road. We decided to walk there after we tracked the distance on the mile counter in the car and it was only 0.6. It only took 10 minutes and was quite pleasant! We are very excited because that means that we can walk to many fun places, including a yogurt shop, Taco Bell and a nail salon (well, I'm more excited about that). I always wanted a house that was walking distance to shops and stuff, so this makes me happy!

No comments: