Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Right On


I was reading some marketing data from one of our clients at work today. It was a report that summarized the many different types of consumers the company is targeting with its product. It included information like what TV shows each demographic enjoys, where they like to eat and, most importantly, where they prefer to shop.

The attributes varied significantly, from Victoria's Secret to 7-Eleven, and from Good Housekeeping to Maxim. Despite the differences, Target was listed as a store of choice for every single demographic included in the analysis.

This got me thinking: I don't know a single person who doesn't LOVE Target. I know plenty of people who absolutely despise its counterparts Wal-Mart and Kmart, but Target is like the golden child in that family.

Does anybody out there hate Target or know someone who does? I'm really interested to know if there are any Target haters out there and why they feel that way.

No comments: