Saturday, October 07, 2006

Fauch


Continuing with the old lady theme, I went to the DeAnza Flea Market this morning. I bought three exceptional "fauch" (or faux Coach) items. I also purchased a set of framed vintage Halloween postcards. I've started a little collection of vintage Halloween images.

When I checked out, the lady running that booth complemented my shirt. I just stupidly said "thank you" and walked away. Then I realized I was wearing a shirt that I made from one of the vintage Halloween postcards in my collection! So dumb!! I should have told her I made it, and then maybe she would have wanted to order up a batch to sell at her booth! Then maybe a famous celebrity would buy one, and there would be a massive demand for an original "Ashley Tee" (that's what I decided I'd call my line of apparel). Anyway, here's a picture of the shirt:


I'd explain how I made it if I didn't fear some blog troll would happen upon it, steal my idea, and make millions of dollars ;)

No comments: