Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Trick or Treat


So, today is August 1. August signals the end of summer for me, as when August used to come around, I knew I had just three weeks to cram in my summer reading before the test at the beginning of school.

Today I decided that since August is the end of summer, I'm also going to make it the start of fall. I put my Halloween CD on for my commute home from work. I love Halloween, and I feel that three months is a good amount of time to devote to it. Once Halloween is over, I will get started with the Christmas music.

I know everyone will bug me for rushing the season, but I don't care. How do they know that the world isn't going to end tomorrow? And wouldn't it be a shame if we didn't get to enjoy Halloween one last time?

Since I've lagged lately, I need to visit another unrelated topic: the drive-in. We went on Friday night and it was great. We put the seats down in the back of the Highlander and curled up with pillows and blankets. It was $6.25 per person and we got to stay for two movies: "Clerks 2" and "Lady in the Water." I think that is an exceptional bargain, and I think I will be taking advantage of it more often!

On another unrelated topic, one of our cats fell in the toilet tonight. I was watching a movie ("Matchstick Men," which was good) in the other end of the house. When I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I realized there were all splashes on the seat and cat hair in the bowl. He he he. I'm just glad he knew how to pull himself out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halloween music in August? you are seriously crazy. you need a doctor, and not the kind your sister is going to be.

Anonymous said...

the cats just get more and more interesting with each posting