Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tubbs: The Conquistador

There have been three occasions when one of the little kitties have gotten out of their safe haven at the end of our hall, venturing out into the vast openness of the rest of the house (which Jackson has claimed as his territory). Usually, we're quick to find the escapee, but tonight Steve freaked out and couldn't find the missing little guy. He was finally located under the armoire holding our family room TV. It's so funny, because it's Tubbs who escapes every time! Crockett has no desire to explore the outside world.

I feel like I've missed talking about a lot over the past two days, so here are a few quick updates:

-- On the Fourth of July we just hung around at home and I read most of the day. We went to my parents' for dinner and several rounds of the new family-favorite board game Kazink. We watched some fireworks over the fence.

-- Going back to work yesterday made me realize how much a job can suck the life out of you. Not that I'm complaining about my job, but it's rough to go back to the daily grind after four days of freedom.

-- Animal Services called and Jackson is scheduled to get his privates cut off on July 12. Hopefully he'll calm down a bit and be friendly with the other little guys after that.

-- I made dinner reservations for our anniversary getaway and also bought Steve's gift. More on that after I give it to him. Although I could probably write about it now, as he doesn't even read this.

-- We just had little cups of the Frrrozen Hot Chocolate for dessert (very good) and topped them off with some fat-free Reddi-wip. I think they need to adjust the number of servings on the bottle (40) cause we just finished the whole thing in one sitting without even trying.

-- Steve is dog-sitting for our friends' pit bull and when he was just over there playing catch with him, the dog broke through their backyard fence and ended up in their neighbors' yard! Steve kind of propped the broken part of the fence up and brought the dog inside. He isn't planning on telling the friends till their back from vacay. I hope they don't read my blog (I'm quite sure they don't!)

-- Steve and I decided to get season tickets to American Musical Theater San Jose. But we got the absolutely horrible, cheap, cheap tickets. They called us today and told us we got upgraded to dead center in the ninth row of the balcony. Yay! Oh, and if anyone would like to join us as subscribers, please do! We can go out for fun dinners before (we subscribed for Saturday nights).

-- My sister is officially starting medical school at Creighton in August. Yay for her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My cousin is starting her undergrad degree at Creighton in August, too! Will you be out to Omaha for a visit?