Thursday, July 13, 2006

Our First Anniversary


Sunday is our first anniversary! The time has just flown by!

We are going on a romantic getaway to Cambria this weekend. We both took tomorrow off the get a head-start on the fun. We are very grateful that our friend Jim will be looking after the kitties (had to mention that so you wouldn't think we are horrible parents).

I went to pick up the "replica" cake top this afternoon. Hmmm. Not really a replica. It is way smaller and uglier and features inferior frosting. And the cake place neglected to tell me they had moved, so I had to frantically have my mom look up and Mapquest their new address while on the road. The cake hadn't been in the refridgerator, and on the way home it completely slumped over on its side (it's pretty hot out today). I was able to sort of get it to stand again, but one side is mangled. I put it in the freezer. Not sure if it's going to stay upright until Sunday, but I'm sure it will taste good nonetheless.

To kickoff the festivities, Steve brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers.


We had yummy flank steak for dinner, with wine and sides of zucchini (home grown!) and rice.

Here is the card that I made him for our anniversary. It features many NEW Stampin' Up sets. Oooh ... Aaaah ... You know you want to buy some:

And finally, one of our pumpkins is turning ORANGE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.