Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Adjusting the Tension


I'm not really sure why I'm posting this P.O.S. to the Internet. No, I'm not referring to the table or the painting or my "custom" shag rug. I'm referring to the tablecloth.

Steve had a softball game tonight, so I decided to go wild and sew a tablecloth. I like my table and I don't usually keep it covered, but I'm having a Stampin' Up open house next month, and I decided to make myself an actual cloth tablecloth instead of buying paper ones every time I need to make sure glue and glitter doesn't get all over it.

What I don't understand is why, in this age of technology, we can't create and easy-to-use sewing machine? I know so many people who don't sew simply because they don't know how to thread their machine. Anyway, as usual, it took me like an hour to get the machine set up and then the stupid tension kept screwing up. I was so tired of working on it, I just stopped. If you look closely, the workmanship is super-poor, but I just don't care anymore. This should have been an easy-peasy project, but it made me want to tear my hair out!!

Oh well, guess it does the job of covering the table. And obviously, I know I have to iron it before people come over. I just couldn't face that tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.