Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Long Time No Blog

I really wanted to write last night, but I was afraid I was about to spontaneously combust. Seriously, I had been so hot and sweaty all day for no apparent reason. Last night, during my planned blogging time, I was in bed with a cold washcloth on my head trying not to catch fire. I seem to be doing better today, so here I am.

I'm sure you've all been on pins and needles waiting for my weekend recap. So here you go:

Friday was awesome simply because it was Cinco de Mayo and we had a pinata in the office. Hilarious. My parents' took me out to dinner at Aqui and then my mom and I got crafty and made some name tags we were commissioned to make for a friend's bridal shower.

I signed up for another pilates class on Saturdays at 9 a.m. to force me out of bed. I really should have tried pilates out before making so many class commitments, because overall I think it's a waste of time. At least in aerobics you break into a sweat. And at least in yoga you can relax and get a good stretch. In pilates, I just get mad at myself for spending money and precious time on these classes.

After that, I talked my mom into making a pilgrimage with me to the holy land: Panera. It's about 30 minutes away from my house. But so worth the drive. I had a bistro steak salad and a cinnamon crunch bagel. I actually got a dozen bagels that I'm hoarding in my freezer right now.

After the Panera trek, I did some errands, went out to dinner and had a pina colada (or three) at my friend Sarah's luau birthday party.

On Sunday Steve returned from Orlando. I'd just like to say to the a-holes who tossed him in the pool there: karma's a bitch. Yes, my poor hubby was dunked in the pool, and his cell phone is totaled. At least my faith in humanity was restored because some kind soul turned his very expensive Oakley sunglasses in to the lost and found. But that doesn't change the fact that he had to buy a new ($200) cell phone to replace his old one just so some jerk could win a bet and not have to pay for his next beer. Sunday was pretty much errands and TV at night.

Also, I'd like say, "Ask and you shall receive." I challenged Katie Holmes with a call to action, and she made an appearance just a day later. I am so happy that she was not already perfectly skinny again, as it helps me believe that she was actually pregnant. However, there is no excuse for this, Katie:



Nobody wants to see your boob hanging out of your nursing bra!! Geez! Don't those things have little "modesty flaps" anyway?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pinata was nearly lethal. Thank goodness for fast reflexes.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»