Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Peep Peep!


Just when I thought I'd have nothing to write about today, I got two great surprises in the mail! First I saw a package and wondered what it could be, since I hadn’t recently ordered anything online for myself. It was the best surprise I’ve gotten in a while! I opened the box and saw the familiar Williams Sonoma wrapping, and my curiosity was piqued. I opened the card and it was from my newly engaged friend, Erika, who now lives in Florida. When I unwrapped the package, I practically passed out!! It is my very own marshmallow peeps-making kit!! I’m going to have so much fun with it. I absolutely cannot wait to share my personalized peeps with the world!! And Erika is just about the most thoughtful person I know!

The other surprise was an invitation to a co-ed baby shower for our friends Jim and Shannon who are expecting a new addition in May. I was also overwhelmed with excitement when I saw this, as I finally had an excuse to make a diaper cake! All of the other baby showers I’ve been invited to recently were long distance (a diaper cake is not exactly shippable) or involved a group gift of some sort. Since Steve had a meeting tonight, I rushed off to Target to purchase my supplies and spent the evening tying 80 diapers into little rolls to make this glorious cake! I can’t wait to bring it to the party!!

No comments: